WHO WE ARE
The Pedal Wenches are Saskatoon's first and only women's-only club with a focus on fun and fitness. We welcome riders with all levels or road cycling experience - the rides are member-lead with leaders coming from within the group each week. There will be minimal instruction and all riders are expected to be self-sufficient. Our 'no-drop' philosophy makes it a fun and safe way to get out on the road with other women each week.
New to 2018: There is a $15 club fee to join club rides - this does not include a jersey. Pedal Wenches jerseys (new or old) are needed to ride but are purchased separately. All riders must have a valid SCA membership and must present their card before each ride. See link at the bottom of the page to register with SCA.
HOW WE RIDE
We ride out from the alley entrance of the Bike Doctor (623 Main Street) every Thursday evening, departing at 6:00 PM sharp. Whether you're a speedy rider or a social rider, we try our best to ensure all Pedal Wenches have a place in the crew!
Rides are 60-100 minutes long (weather and daylight dependent). Every ride has four groups - Beginner, Intermediate I, Intermediate II, and Advanced.
We ride the same route each week – for simplicity and safety, we will ride out to Hwy 219 for a variation of the area around South of Saskatoon (Casino, Casa Rio, Riverside Estates, etc.). The length of the ride will be decided prior to departure. All rides end at Bike Doctor and riders continue to D'Lish cafe for post-ride drinks and snacks.
We have a no-drop philosophy - this means no woman left behind, regardless of the cause! We want every rider to feel safe and supported on their ride.
WHAT YOU NEED
To join the crew on our weekly rides, every Pedal Wench must have:
- A road, hybrid or gravel bike
- A valid SCA membership
- A good-fitting, safe helmet
- A tire changing kit - including tube, tire lever, and pump or CO2. We are hosting free tire changing clinics after selected rides.
- Some road riding experience and self-sufficiency on the road
- A Pedal Wench jersey - new or old, it's up to you! The newest Pedal Wench jerseys can be purchased at the Bike Doctor or online with your SCA registration.
WHAT YOU GET
Being a Pedal Wench has perks! Every Pedal Wench member will enjoy:
- Handsome Brad the mechanic to get your bike ready before your ride
- Free post-ride tire change clinics
- 10% off all parts and accessories
- 5% off all bikes
- 20% off all parts, accessories, and clothing at the Exclusive Pedal Wenches kick-off night (see Events for more info)
To get members comfortable with peer-leading or group cycling etiquette, we are offering optional clinics prior to the start of the season. These are free for members. See Events for more clinic information.
SO, ARE YOU IN?
If you'd like more information about us or to join the Pedal Wenches, contact us via Facebook, Instagram (@pedalwenches) or stop in at the Bike Doctor.
Register by May 1st to ensure appropriate jersey sizing and a timely order!
For SCA registration, click the following link: